Friday, June 21, 2013

SOME PHOTOS FROM MY BOOK.

Here are some of my favorite photos from my book.

I grew up and learned most of my hunting and shooting skills on the Sixes River in Southern Oregon. This is one of the "houses" I lived in from 1958 to 1967. (Pg. xx of my book).
My cousin, Jerry Lively, is mentioned alot in my book! His knowledge and expertise in prairie dog dusting and bench rest shooting astounds me! (Pg. xix of my book).
Mountains of SW Washington where I've hunted for years.  Note the thick stands of timber and Jack Fir, and areas where deer will come out to eat along the edges of the timber. (Photo by Eric Fossm)  (Pg. 6 of my book).

My cousin, Jerry's, 6mm/.284 Winchester with Pac-Nor 30" barrel. (Pg. 13 of my book).

My mom and dad with a Black Bear that my dad shot by Sixes River in 1948.  He used his 32 Winchester Special for a quick and easy shot. (Pg. 30 of my book).

(Pg. 38 of my book).


One of the many reloading manuals I've used throughout the years. (Pg. 83 of my book).
One of the many charts I use in my book. This is in my chapter entitled "Making a Case for the Right Powder". (Pg. 174 of my book).
My old Weaver K4 post reticle - great for brush! (Pg. 236 of my book).
A good kneeling position. Notice how my elbow rests on the inside of my knee. This photos is in my chapter entitled "Making a Case for Shooting Skill", where I picture proper and improper shooting positions.  (Pg. 261 of my book).
My dad killed uncountable game animals. I can't count how many deer I've seen dad kill, on the run, in their beds, uphill, downhill, and across draws.  He was a surgeon with his rifle. (Pg. 276 of my book).

From my chapter entitled "Making a Case for the Truth". (Pg. 322 of my book).

My old hard to find .22 Semi-Auto Remington Model 66 Nylon.  This photo was in my chapter entitled "Making a Case for my Top Picks".  (Pg. 330 of my book).
Well, there you have it - just a smattering of my photos and illustrations in my book (there are over 100 photos and illustrations).

Here's a chapter title page:
 
Here's a page from my book so you can see how it is set up:

That's it for now!


Mac McLeod

No comments:

Post a Comment